Sunday 9 March 2014

Taking The Wainwrights Onto The Fells

Like many other walkers, I like to head out onto the fells, moors and dales well prepared. Normally I have a clear idea of the route I want to take and I have the full range of navigational aides stuffed into rucksac and pockets - maps, GPS, compass and usually a guide book. In the case of trips in the Lake District this inevitably means having a Wainwright Pictorial Guide in the pocket of my walking trousers ready to refer to at any given time.

Having done a fair amount of Lake District walks I have now embarked on visiting fells in each of the 7 regions that Wainwright divided the fells into, and every now and again I've taken a picture of the guidebook somewhere near the summit, so here I'm pleased to share with you my gallery of Wainwrights on the Fells.


Book One: The Eastern Fells - enjoying the sunny summit of Great Dodd


Book Two: The Far Eastern Fells - lounging on the High Street


Book Three: The Central Fells - guiding us up Grange Fell


Book Four: The Southern Fells - enjoying the panorama from Wetherlam


Book Five: The Northern Fells - the sights are set on Bannerdale Crags


Book Six: The North Western Fells - a wander up Wandope


Book Seven: The Western Fells - visiting Haystacks


No comments:

Post a Comment